Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Family "accidentally " buys 2,300 toilet rolls! :0

 Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog! This week for reading we looked at the different genres of a newspaper. We have been looking at Kiwi kids news and pick 3 article, each from a different genres and write our thoughts on the article and why. Where possible also identify some of the shapes we have looked at in writing, or if we can create a better headline the author could have used.

Article 1: Title: Family accidentally buys 2,300 toilet rolls .Genre: Interest Articles



I chose this article because it sounds funny and interesting. I find it weird because who would  accidentally buy 2,300 rolls of paper! If I was to write it, the title would name it: 2,300 toilet rolls "accidentally " delivered to a family

 Article 2: Title: Drones used to control the weather .Genre: Weather

I chose this article because it would be cool to have drones to control the weather and so that we can predict the weather faster. If I was the editor  I would rename it: New drones invented for the weather!

Article 3: New frog species discover in New Guinea .Genre: World 

I chose this article because I want to know what the frog looks like and what it's called. The frog looked really similar to the Australian tree frog but slightly smaller and its skin color is chocolate brown. If I was to write this article I would give the name: Chocolate frogs discover in New Guinea!.

What is your favorite article and why?



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post